Atlanta is "The Cultural Capital of the South"
Please join us for this, first of its kind, three week series of art events beginning JANUARY 16 through JANUARY 31
Qualify To Win Two Pairs of Delta Air Lines Tickets flying anywhere in the Continental US, Alaska, and Canada by visiting at least 15 of the participating galleries. Pick up YOUR Gallery Tour card at any of the sponsor galleries and see what the AGA has to offer! Drawings will take place on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at the Art Papers Art Auction. You do not need to be present to win.
* Friday, January 16, 2004 AGA opens ATLart(04) with 29 member Gallery exhibitions citywide making this the largest single visual arts experience in the history of our city. 5:00pm-10:00pm FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* Saturday, January 17, 2004 Under Different Circumstances opens at the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center featuring artists from the AGA. 7:00pm -9:00pm. FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* Wednesday, January 21, 2004 The
High Museum of Art Presents lecturer Gary Radke at Symphony Hall
on "More than Michelangelo: David in Renaissance Florence".
Symphony Hall 7:00pm. Tickets available at box office. TICKETS ARE
$5 FOR HIGH MUSEUM MEMBERS /
* Friday, January 23, 2004 Visual Arts Network of Atlanta (VANA) sponsors 20 non-profit exhibitions citywide. Highlights include: Swan Coach House Gallery, Georgia State University, Hammonds House, and Savannah Gallery. MOST EVENTS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* Saturday, January 24, 2004 - Art Night/Fourth Ward, a one-night event featuring Atlanta's best from the alternative scene at Saltwork's Gallery. From dusk to nearly dawn the most intrepid art lovers and collectors will gather to see site-specific installations in a variety of media and artistic styles created by Atlanta's most avant-garde artists in conjunction with alternative galleries. 8:00pm - 2:00am. FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* Friday January 30, 2004 MoCA GA
opens the Georgia 7: seven emerging artist from the state of Georgia.
City Gallery East presents the 10th Annual Masters Series featuring
Lucinda Bunnen. / City Gallery Chastain presents the Masters Series
featuring Mildred Thompson.
* Saturday, January 31, 2004 Closing
night with Art Papers Art Auction. Featuring over 300 works of art
for sale. ARTSCooL space at City Hall East.
© 2013 Atlanta Gallery Association